Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hungarian Food




One of my favorite parts of traveling is the food! Of course, some of the best food I've had was in Tuscany, and I know Europe is full of a variety of tastes, customs, spices and cooking techniques, so I knew traveling to Hungary would be quite a different food experience. I don't want to say I had low expectations of the food, really I had NO expectations. We've all had exposure to Italian, Thai, Greek, Vietnamese, Chinese and French food. As far as I know, there is virtually no exposure to Hungarian food in Seattle. It's just not the type of food that I've heard much, if anything about. So, how is it? If there is a Hungarian restaurant, let me know where it is, because I will become their next frequent patron!




Hungarian food is AWESOME! All the basics we are used to are easy to find: chicken, potatoes, pork, asparagus, peas, etc. What's unique are the spices and seasonings they take advantage of that really bring out the flavor of the food! As you may know, Paprika is used very frquently. Think of it as Irish food that actually has some flavor to it! Not the nicest thing to say, I know, but I'm Irish so I don't feel as bad. I haven't tried the Ghoulash yet, but that's because I've only ordered big meals so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment